Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday afternoon at 'Robert is Here'

It's been a good, long while since I've been to "Robert is Here," the 52-year-old tropical fruit stand in Florida City.

The place appears to have grown a bit since I was last there.

They still don't have valet parking...although they could have used it today.

There's a reason why the parking lot was jammed.

Click to enlarge.

A few of the customers I saw looked like tourists, possibly drawn by word of mouth...or curiosity after seeing a busy parking lot in the middle of nowhere on the way to Everglades National Park.

Perhaps some, like me, made the long trek south for a tangible reminder that something so simple and uncomplicated once existed in South Florida.

But whatever your reason for stopping; you can't go wrong.

Once inside, I was greeted by bin after bin, full of avocados, mangos, limes, oranges and tomatoes.


Some of my fellow customers seemed genuinely surprised by what they found: "Hey Dottie, come here and look at these guavas!"

Vidalia Honey Mustard Salad Dressing.

Does this really need a caption? I  went with a coconut milkshake.

Mangos, peaches, tomatoes. Sure, I could have gotten these at Publix...
but why?

Robert is Here
19200 SW 344th St.
Homestead, FL 33034
Phone: 305-246-1592





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.