Sunday, November 02, 2008

It's official! Obama voters are happier than McCain voters!

From the Associated Press:
"WASHINGTON (AP) — That smiling guy walking down the street? Odds are he's a Barack Obama backer. The grouchy looking one? Don't ask, and don't necessarily count on him to vote on Tuesday, either.
[...]
"One expert says the contrasting moods could affect how likely the two candidates' supporters are to vote on Election Day, possibly dampening McCain's turnout while boosting Obama's."
My personal research back this up to a degree.

I was talking to a very good friend tonight who is an avid FOX News watcher and who holds views that are slightly to the right of Attila the Hun.

I've had a good-natured exchange of views with him over the past few months trying to get him to see things my way...to no avail.

However tonight he revealed to me that he probably won't even bother voting on Tuesday. "What's the use?" he asked. "My vote isn't going to make any difference anyway."

It should be noted that my friend is a photojournalist for a major wire service here in Miami. He's been covering early voting just about everyday for the past few weeks.

He told me that it appeared to him just about everyone showing up and standing in long lines to vote early was voting for Obama.

How do you know, I asked?

"I can tell," he said.

Another friend of mine puts it this way: "Do people really think that Republicans are going to stand in line for four hours to vote for John McCain?"

Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but a good sign for Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.