Monday, February 22, 2010

Miami Subs is back

The other day, Rick at SFDB expressed surprise that fast food chain Miami Subs was still in business.

That was pretty much my reaction up until a few weeks ago when I noticed a sign on a storefront on Harding Ave. in Surfside. The sign announced that a "new" Miami Subs was opening soon.

For years I'd enjoyed visiting Miami Subs because of their varied menu. But in the past few years it became harder to find a store. The two that were on South Beach closed and I assumed the chain was out of business.

Not so.

Last week the new store at 9476 Harding Ave. finally opened. I stopped in and within a few minutes I'd decided on a Chicken Philly sub. With fries and a drink, my order was less than $6.

The new store is bright and clean and features flat screen TVs and easy-to-read digital menu boards.

As I ate I noticed there were people running about putting the finishing touches on the store.

One person asked me how I liked my order.

Turned out he was an executive with Miami Subs.

I told him that I thought the company was pretty much finished.

"On the contrary," he explained. "The company is under new management and we've got 38 stores in the tri-county area."

He went on to tell me that Miami Subs had made some changes.

Some stores now offer delivery he said.

And the chain has added breakfast items to the menu and some stores now serve pizza in addition to their famous Chicken Kaiser sandwich, seafood platters and Greek and Caeser salads and Gyros.

There's enough on that menu to keep me going back quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.