Sunday, June 09, 2013

The Old Stuff



There are two types of professional photojournalists.

There are those who have never given much thought to what will happen to the (pre-digital) images they've shot. Everything they've ever shot on film has been thrown in a box and stored in a garage or unused room of their house.

Then there are those who have meticulously cataloged every negative and slide and can find any image at a moment's notice.

I fall somewhere in between.

I've managed to save pretty much everything I've ever shot from the time I first picked up a 35mm camera in 1965 while serving in the Army in Germany.

Some of my images are sleeved and in binders. Others are stored haphazardly in envelopes, still waiting to be sorted and cataloged, decades after being shot.

I've got the pictures I shot during my Army service. Pictures from my three years in New York City where I lived in the late 60s and early 70s. Then there are the thousands of negatives I shot in the 70s, 80s and 90s in Miami. They all need to be sorted and organized.

I have decided that the time to get this done - finances permitting - is now.

And as I do, I'll be posting a small selection of those images on this blog from time to time.

And, sometime in the next few months, I hope to be able to announce what I plan to do next with the tens of thousands of images I've created over the past 48 years. Stay tuned for that.

But now, here are a few images I made while serving with the 25th Infantry Division in Cu Chi, Vietnam in 1966 and 1967.


Click all images to enlarge.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.