Friday, September 21, 2012

SNL spoofs Romney's '47 percent' video

-via Politico
NBC aired SNL's "Weekend Update Thursday Edition" on Thursday, poking fun at Mitt Romney's "47 percent" remarks that were videotaped at a private fundraiser. In the leaked footage, Romney said that "47 percent" of voters are "dependent upon government," don't pay federal income taxes and will vote for President Barack Obama.

In the spoof, SNL’s Jason Sudeikis' Mitt Romney character reenacts the tape and explains who he meant by the "47 percent."

“I don’t mean senior citizens. And I don’t mean members of our armed services. And I don’t mean southern whites," Sudeikis said in the clip. "When I say ‘These people,’ I mean black people.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.