Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I hope this doesn't screw up your weekend....

Author of 'The Doomsday Code,' Robert Fitzpatrick, poses in Staten Island next to a bus stop ad he purchased warning of the end of the world.

....but the world as we know it is scheduled to end this Saturday. Repeat: the world will end on May 21, 2011.

Too little, too late for me though. As far as I'm concerned, life hasn't been worth living since Shaquille O'Neal left town. But that's another story.

For many, however, May 21st is known as "Judgment Day."

Sure, go ahead and laugh; but one guy in New York City is taking this very seriously.

The New York Daily News reports that
Robert Fitzpatrick is so convinced the end is near he's betting his life savings on it.

The retired MTA employee has pumped $140,000 into a NYC Transit ad campaign to warn everyone the world will end next Saturday.

"Global Earthquake! The Greatest Ever - Judgment Day: May 21," the ad declares above a placid picture of night over Jerusalem with a clock that's about to strike midnight.

"I'm trying to warn people about what's coming," the 60-year-old Staten Island resident said. "People who have an understanding [of end times] have an obligation to warn everyone."
Thanks for the warning Robert! I guess I'll go ahead and cancel the dinner reservations I had for this Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Listen, anybody wants to give me all their money so nothing happens to it after they're "raptured", I'm up for it, I'm generous that way.....
    B. Vaughan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if heaven threw a rapture party ... and no one was saved?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.