Thursday, May 19, 2011

Man vs. Food....Fond du Lac, Wisconsin edition

I've been getting a lot of email lately asking me why I never post anything on the blog from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.

Well, I think I've found something from Fond du Lac that's bizarre enough to post on Random Pixels.
...

Last Tuesday was a big day for Don Gorske, 57, of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.

Gorske, a retired prison guard, showed up - dressed in shirt and tie - at the McDonald's in Fond du Lac, and ordered a Big Mac.

Not just any Big Mac.

His 25,000th Big Mac.

Gorske has eaten a Big Mac, every day, since 1972. On some days he has two Big Macs. He even eats a Big Mac on Thanksgiving.

On Tuesday, as camera shutters clicked and video camera rolled, Gorske opened his pie hole and proceeded to devour the hamburger.

And after 25,000 burgers, Gorske knows precisely how many bites it takes to finish off a Big Mac: 16.

Between bites 4 and 5, Gorkse asked his adoring fans, "How can people not eat these every day?"

"I plan on eating Big Macs until I die," Gorske told the Associated Press. "I have no intentions of changing. It's still my favorite food.... I look forward to it every day."

Don, you are a great American!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.