Thursday, October 15, 2009

That was then, this is now


October 2, 2009:
"I think [Sarah Palin] has talents, but my honest view is that she would not be a winning candidate for the Republican party in 2012. Were she to be the nominee, we could have a catastrophic election result." -John McCain's former chief campaign strategist Steve Schmidt
October 15, 2009:
Steve Schmidt, who served as McCain's chief strategist in the 2008 election, said Wednesday that putting Palin on the ticket energized the Republican party, according to the Associated Press.

"There was huge excitement that transformed the race," Schmidt reportedly said in a talk delivered at the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service. "I believe to this day that had she not been picked as a vice presidential candidate, we would have never been ahead, not for one second, not for one minute, not for one hour, not for one day."
So what is it Steve; or do you know?
"I said what I said on the 2012 (race). … I said what I said today," Schmidt replied, according to Arkansas News.
Oh, OK...thanks for clearing that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.