Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Random Pixels scoops NY Post's Page Six! (sort of)

Jorge Perez and Gerald Posner: Ready to rumble!

In my post Monday about South Beach author Gerald Posner's new Miami Beach tell-all book, Miami Babylon: Crime, Wealth, and Power—A Dispatch from the Beach, I wrote:
"Some events planned to coincide with the book’s release have been canceled due to pressure exerted by a few influential people who don’t like the way they’re depicted in the book."
From today's New York Post:
Condo king Jorge Perez was set to host a party for the author at his huge, and largely unsold, Icon development in downtown Miami -- until he actually read the book.

"I got an e-mail from his assistant saying he got an advance copy and didn't like the way he was depicted," Posner told Page Six. "There will be no cocktail party."
As Posner told me a few weeks ago when I interviewed him, "I always tell people, 'If you want a book that only says nice things about you, write it yourself.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.