Friday, February 13, 2009

Random Pixels Legal Update

Thanks to everybody for their support in my fight against the fascist Miami bomb-throwers!

A little update: Yesterday after Val Prieto at Babalu blog warned me that he was going to sue me, I spent a considerable amount of time curled up in the fetal position crying like a drunken sailor.

Seriously though, I'm not worried about this one bit!

If this ever made it to court, a judge would take one look at his claims and laugh him not only out of court, but out of town.

Val and his lunatic fringe have always tried to control the dialogue in this town for years. Before there was a Val Prieto there was a Jorge Mas Canosa and before him there was another tyrant.

But there have always been legions of unsung heroes who stand up to the thugs and we will prevail in this "fight."

Quite frankly, I don't think this thing will even make it to court because Val knows that he'll have to put up or shut up. And that requires courage, something Val and his merry band of sycophants lack.

I just got this note from Frank Alvarado at Miami New Times:
"I was actually thinking of going all out and posting an item proposing a charity box off between Rick and Val, and then me and Henry as the undercard. That guy really gets under my skin because he can't have an intelligent debate without cussing you out and challenging your manhood...but go ahead quote me. ;-)"
Thanks to all for your support!

And it goes without saying; a special thanks to Rick at SFDB for his extraordinary support!

4 comments:

  1. I disagree with your comparing Val Prieto to Jorge Mas Canosa. No doubt he took a hard line against Castro, but he was also a pragmatist who knew when to use diplomacy and when to use the bully pulpit. And he molded guys like Joe Garcia. Prieto couldn't attain Mas Canosa's influential stature even if he had a ladder that lasted forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. I don't agree with Mas Canosa's positions on many things or his oftentimes abrasive personal style, but he was a pragmatist who played the political game smartly, not an blind Republican ideologue like Prieto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threat of law suit = publicity for Babaloser.

    Publicity = New visitors to Babaloser.

    Most recent # daily visitors to Babaloser = 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't drunken sailors curse, not cry?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.